BOY! Very clearly a boy. A very healthly little baby boy!! We are so excited, but now the challenge of finding that one perfect, cool name. No ideas really at this point. We do have one name that has not gotten the immediate axe from one or the other of us, but still not sold on it yet. At least we have another 4 months to decide. I have already started praying for the wisdom and the safety of these 2 (actually 3 if you include the grown one too) boys that I would lay down my life for. I have read Wild at Heart, we live in Alaska, I have a 25 year old brother, a husband, with 2 brothers of his own, and a father, who all also like to take risks. I will need courage, peace and the wisdom to know when to speak out and when to let them be Wild. For now, I will protect and someday I will need to let go. I have already identified through some awesome women's Bible studies that my struggle is both knowing and believing that God is truly good and the battle with the fear that Satan plants in my heart. With Him I will win that battle in my mind, but I also know that discernment and wisdom should play a role. So, I will love, I will pray and I will savor each precious moment. After all this blog is called, Living in the Moment right :-)
So the rest of our summer was fantastic! We loved having Nate, Jenn and the kids come to our house. It went by far too quickly. We really enjoyed having the kids and Ely getting to see what babies are all about. He is convinced our baby will be eating oatmeal right away, and then there is all the spitting up that Nolan does. Ely has already started telling me that he will help get the burp cloths for me. Nate, Jen, Kaylee and Nolan... we love you!!!
About a week after the Nate Hawes crew left, we had Darren's parents come, which again, we really enjoyed. Darren and his dad got lots of projects done. We got real stairs off our back deck (instead of cinder blocks with wood on top), new shelves, another bathroom cabinet, some toliet paper holders, dimmer lights etc. etc. Carolyn and Alvin, we love you too!!! After company in August and early September, the past month seems like a blur as well. We finally got our house stained (about a year after it was supposed to be done), but we were very thankful that we made it before the season shifted. I think our house may have been the last one done in Girdwood for the summer.
Now we are most definitely into fall, which is actually almost over, and headed quickly into winter. The past couple of mornings driv
ing to work it was in the 20's. It won't be long and we will have snow!
Captain's Darren and Ely
6 comments:
Congratulations on boy #2. What a blessing that Ely will have a brother.
Your home looks fabulous! Do you ever get tired of those beautiful views?
Jennifer said they had a blast while visiting you guys. Any trips to Texas in your future?
I hope everything continues to go well with your pregnancy. Can't wait to hear the name you have chosen. That is such a hard decision!
YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I've been checking and checking to see when you would post this news!!! I just had my 32 week sonogram today (last one---see my blog for details) and was actually thinking about you this morning wondering if you knew what you were having yet!! I'm SO excited for you guys! Ely is going to be such a great big brother! And brothers!! How fun! You're going to do great as a mom of boys. I'm so excited for you! Love you and can't wait to be your "guests" someday. It can't come soon enough!!
Congrats on a boy! I am sure your house will always be filled with constant motion and lots of joy!
We can't wait to welcome Baby Boy Hawes! We had so much fun this summer with you guys. Thanks for letting us come hand with you!!
I'm so excited about the update! I cneck every once in a while to see if you've done it, so I'm thankful to know what the Hawes clan is up to. Congratulations on another boy! I have loved having 2 girls and I'm sure having 2 boys is just as much fun (though maybe in different ways...). I love you my friend!
Congrats Mandy! Good luck on the cool name. I am supposed to be working here...and the other day I found myself looking through baby names...haha. Not even pregnant. It's so fun! Love you!
Post a Comment