Monday, January 21, 2008
Count down
And the count down to b-day is on! 6 weeks to go and we do finally have a name. Carson Richard Hawes. First time we heard Carson was driving back from a grocery trip to Anchorage on a Monday night. We were listening to Monday night football on the am station- Bengals and I don't even remember who. But Carson Palmer just happens to be the quarterback for the Bengals, so I said to Darren, what about the name Carson- and he liked it! So from then on I was a little conflicted. The name Ely had so many different meanings for us and it just seemed to fit. But Carson, just after a quarterback that we don't really even watch that much (the Bengals, really, come on). But, after hearing about a conversation that my mom and my granddad had, it all made sense. Carson is a combination of my granddad's two names. Charles Nelson. Richard is after my dad. CR will be his initials, like my dad and my brother. Once I found some meaning, the name stuck. I can't wait to meet him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Can't wait to meet Carson!
Way to go sis! Keep those nephews coming!! =)
I LOVE the name!! I can't wait to see my sweet little 2nd cousin!! Love you!!!
Ugh. you guys are all taking the cool names. hahaha
Well, I have plenty of time to think up my own...and I'll do that someday when I'm pregnant. Miss you and love you and we still have a trip to Alaska on our to do list.
Post a Comment