Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A Bun in the Oven

So, if you haven't heard yet, we are going to have another baby! Yep- due Feb. 28th and this year is a leap year :-) Could be a fun one!! So strange how the second time around your belly looks twice as pregnant as it did the first time at this stage. I can't hide the bulge any more and I am only 10 weeks along! So, we are praising God that this belly is bulging. What an answer to prayer. I had prayed for peace and assurance that He would work His plan in our life and His timing would be perfect. I was just about to run out of peace and confidence right around the time I saw 2 lines on the pregnancy test!! Yippee!! Now to pray for a healthy, strong, perfectly formed child. So, if you get a chance, whisper a prayer for this little heartbeat, that he or she would grow to be healthy and strong and that he or she would grow to be a light in this world and glorify Him always.

I have to share a cute Ely story about having another baby... when we found out we were expecting (which was on our 8th anniversary- pretty cool), we started dropping little hints to Ely. I wanted to wait and really tell him until we had been to the doctor, but I thought a few questions wouldn't hurt. So one night as I was putting him to bed, I asked him if he wanted a baby brother or baby sister. He looked up at me and said matter of factly, "No, I'd rather have a ferret." (He had just been playing at his cousins house, who have a ferret!)
Fortunately for us now, he is saying he wants a baby sister, for a while it was a baby brother, and sometimes he says, "no just a baby, not a brother or a sister". So, I think we have a ways to go before he really understands the concept.

Nate, Jen, Kaylee and Nolan are coming tonight for 2 weeks!! We are so excited that they will be here. I will post some pics of our goings on once they are here. I am headed to the airport in about 20 minutes to pick them up. 3 carseats in the back of Darren's truck will be a feat! :-)

Also, Ely turns 3 on Saturday! Wow, I can't beleive he is going to be 3. Although there are moments of motherhood that have felt eternal, it moves me to the core and brings me to tears to think of my sweet tiny little baby turning 3. He is such a blessing and the best gift God has ever given us (besides this little heartbeat in my belly I don't even know yet). Thank you Lord for my Ely- may he learn to walk in your ways and may you keep his path straight. May he be a light in the darkness, may he love you always and may he grow in the knowledge and wisdom of Jesus, his friend and savior.

9 comments:

Stacey said...

Hi Mandy! I am Jen's friend. I hope they made it in ok and you all are having fun! Tell her I got a good first pick of tomatoes, with more coming!!

And congratulations!

Julia said...

Yippee! I'm so excited for you! I was just checking to see if you had updated (I'm much better at checking other people's blogs than actually writing on my own!) and I was so excited to see your news. What a blessing! I will pray for a safe & healthy baby. Love you!

Unknown said...

I kept wondering when you were going to do this post!! I'm soooo excited for you guys and can't wait to see who this little one is! And it IS amazing how quickly the tummy pops out w/ #2 (and 3!!) Love you and we're praying for a healthy baby!! Big hugs--
Shelma

ps. A ferret----hilarious!

Unknown said...

Mandy, I am so glad I stumbled across your blog! Congratulations on the baby... many blessings on your family!

Jennifer said...

Mandy,

I'm so excited for you guys! Hope the pregnancy goes well.

Phillips Family said...

Congratulations on baby number 2! What a blessing!

Happy Birthday to Ely...I didn't realize that he and Isaac's birthdays were a day (and a year) apart!

Angie said...

Does Shelma know this yet!!?? I might have been the last to know, but I'm one of the very most excited!!!!
Congratulations! My friend Rachel just announced she is preg w/her 2nd baby as well. I supposed it's time for me to get on the ball! I hope not to be too far behind...but we'll see what God wants, huh? I love you all and miss you much!!! Congrats again, Mandy!!!

MereMoore said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. Hope you don't mind-I found your blog thru Angie and Shelly's blog and was so excited to see your pictures and read all of your posts! good luck with the pregnancy-i'll say a little prayer for a healthy sweet baby!

Laura Drury said...

Congrats, Mandy! It was good to read your blog. Ely will transition great when the time comes. It is great that God is giving you guys a new blessing & Ely a little person to share his life with, too! Hope the pregnancy goes well.